The journey of an amateur seamstress on a mission to create an 1890s gown.

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Body Block!

If I measured everything correctly, and if I translated those measurements correctly with all the geometry accurate, and if I added in the seam allowance correctly, and if I adjusted Dress-form Dorcas correctly, then I should have a body block!  That's a lot of ifs.  
Yeah, I don't know why the picture is upside-down either.  It is correct elsewhere, just Blogger can't figure it out.  This is the front block all measured and drawn.

Back block done too!

A pretty, clean copy of the block.

Seam allowances added, all cut out and ready to test out!
I am really excited to get an accurate body block made--looking forward to making my own patterns and knowing how to adjust commercially made ones to fit better.  We'll see how the draping process goes.  I'm a little nervous about it since Dorcas isn't quite perfect.  I hope we'll match well enough to work.  If all goes according to plans, I'll make a sundress to practice all these new skills out on!

No comments:

Post a Comment