The journey of an amateur seamstress on a mission to create an 1890s gown.

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Plans are starting to come together!

A huge thank you goes out to Sarah Parr Nucci who has given me a wealth of resources to borrow!

It looks like I'll be using the patterns from Truly Victorian (TV 105) to make the combination underwear, and TV101 to make a petticoat with wire bustle (and optional ruffled overlay).  I am looking at a lovely curved spoon busk corset from Corsets and Crinolines (pg. 81).

Once I manage to construct all the undergarments and foundation pieces, then I can get a new set of measurements to begin drafting a pattern for the dress!  This will be the first time I ever go through the effort of making a toile first.  I am feeling a bit overwhelmed, but am anxious to get started!  I'm glad I went through the effort of making a body block so I can figure out how to make the patterns fit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment