The journey of an amateur seamstress on a mission to create an 1890s gown.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

The Beginning

I have created this here blog to record my Field Project:  I will challenge myself to research, design, and make a period-accurate 1890s evening gown with the related functional undergarments and accessories.  I will also be putting together information about a historical figure I will represent while wearing the dress in my 4th and 5th grade classroom.

This should be an interesting year!

5 comments:

  1. How are we to keep up with you? It's a good thing for me our students get you second because otherwise they would be sorely disappointed :) Can't wait to see your process!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I can do so many fun things only because they have been so well prepared before they get to me! I could not do half of what you accomplish!

      Delete
  2. Jodi -- I'm sooo impressed, but not surprised, that you are already getting started on your project! Good luck.. I can't wait to keep tabs on your progress and witness the final unveiling. Take care and keep in touch, Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS... did you consider posting your video from class on your website? Or is it already on there and I missed it? I think it would give many folks a better context for your project... besides its just amazing to see what you've already accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! What a lovely idea--I will have to figure that out! Thank you for the suggestion.

      And I will most certainly keep in touch!

      -Jodi

      Delete